Gautrain believes that a train journey is not just about getting from A to B, or to OR Tambo International Airport! It’s also about the journey – an experience that encompasses the freedom of innovative mobility, interaction with other people, learning new cultures, understanding diverse situations and having meaningful conversations. Many new memories made on a train!
Gautrain wants you to capture that spirit and you could win R10 000!
What to do?
Share your Gautrain experience, by posting feel good photos, video or short stories on Facebook - Like and tag the Afropolitan Magazine Facebook page and #GautrainLinks to your post to stand a chance to win!
To increase your chances of winning, stick to our quarterly themes (every three months), which are:
March, April, May 2017: Heritage – our past
June, July, August 2017: Youth – our future
September, October, November 2017: Public Transport Integration – accessibility
December, January, February 2018: Lifestyle – People on the move
Finalists will be informed after each quarter, and the winners of each theme will be announced at a red carpet event at the end of February 2018! Quarterly winners will receive R10 000 each!
- Gautrain brand pillars incorporate ‘pride’, ‘relationships’ and ‘freedom’; winners will be chosen on their understanding and experience of the themes
- Video posts may not exceed 90 seconds.
- Written posts may not exceed 150 words.
- Terms and Conditions apply
- For further information please contact email@example.com
Terms and conditions
- The promoters are: Contact Media and Gautrain Management Agency whose registered office is at 388 Main Avenue, Randburg and 44 Grand Central Boulevard, Midrand respectively.
- Employees of Contact Media and Gautrain Management Agency or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Afropolitan website and Afropolitan Facebook pages.
- Closing date for entry will be quarterly closing dates and each theme entrant needs to be submitted in that quarterly time frame: Heritage (31 May 2017 at 12pm), Youth (31 August 2017 at 12pm), Public Transportation Integration (30 November 2017 at 12pm), Lifestyle (14 February 2017 at 12pm) After these dates no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not posted for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: Further information can be found at: [http://www.Afropolitan.co.za]
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- Cash prize will be paid over at event . The prizes are not transferable. No transport or accommodation expenses will be given to finalists to attend the final event.
- Winners will be chosen in the competition guidelines of understanding and showcasing the experience of the three pillars of Gautrain, namely pride, relationships and freedom as well as the post relating to the quarterly theme. Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoters.
- The semi-finalists will be notified via Facebook to their personal hyper link and promoters Facebook pages. If the semi-finalists do not accept notification within 7 days we reserve the right to pick a replacement semi-finalist. Winners will be notified and prizes claimed at the finalist’s event in February 2018.
- The promoter will notify the semi-finalists where the winner’s event will take place.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current SA data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.