ABOUT GUILIN CHINA
· The region of Guilin is named after an evergreen shrub found in the region called “Sweet Osmanthus”.
· It is home to the one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world, the River Li, a beautiful, majestic and well-preserved site. History has it that the great poet Han Yu of the Tang Dynasty once described the river and its surrounds as: “the river winds like a green silk ribbon, while the hills are like jade hairpins”.
Club Med Guilin is the first premium, all-inclusive holiday resort that features nature and discovery in China.
· Guilin also features the mysterious Karst Mountains, which are listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Karst mountains areformed by the dissolution of layers of soluble bedrock, usually carbonate rock such as limestone or dolomite.
Club Med Guilin is the first premium, all-inclusive holiday resort that features nature and discovery in China.With 329 rooms laid out in a majestic and beautifully preserved site, in two contemporary style hotels that help bring about that relaxing holiday feeling, Club Med Guilin cater for all wants and needs.
For those with children, The Courtyard has been renovated and has 284 spacious and comfortable rooms.The Château Hotel,with its 45 uniquely designed rooms, is more suited for those looking for a little intimacy under a Chinese sky.
Nothing is left to chance as Club Med Guilin goes the extra mile to offer Club rooms for those with reduced mobility to ensure everyone has an amazing, non-restrictive experience at the resort.
RESTAURANTS AND BARS
The main restaurant at Club Med Guilin has international cuisine on offer every day of the week, including scrumptious regional Sichuanese, Cantonese and Hainan dishes. We loved:
· The Noodle Bar, a quirky restaurant that encourages you to try out the different kinds of noodles from all the regions of China
· The baby corner, where parents can prepare meals for their kids away from the hustle and bustle of other guests
For those looking to party, there are three bars at Club Med Guilin:
· The Lake Bar is located near the sporting activities with a magnificent view of the lake and mountains
· The Moon Bar is the main bar in the Chateau building with an outdoor terrace for a quieter, lounge-like feel
· The Atelier is a great place to meet up with other holiday-goers for a game of snooker or Mah-jong with the family
Club Med has positioned its resorts as one-stop family holiday destinations and this is what you’ll find at Club Med Guilin. Besides excursions to explore Chinese sights and culture, other activities include:
· Golf, which is run at an academy six days a week with group classes for all levels
· Tennis is also available for budding Roger Federers
· There are four swimming pools:
o Children’s pool, located in the Mini Club Med area
o Main outdoor swimming pool, which is a natural swimming pool and the first of its kind for Club Med
o Indoor pool that is inside the Fitness Centre, but also equipped with deckchairs and parasols
o Quiet pool that is a freshwater pool for adults with a view of the lake
· Lijiang Folk Customs Garden: to discover the miao and yao guangxi minorities
· Guilin Yaoshan Mountain Scenic Resort: the highest mountain in Guilin city
· Reed Flute Cave: the “art gallery of nature”
· Li River: a 400km-long river between Guilin and Yangshuo
· Impression Sanjie Liu: Impressive sound and light show on a 2km stage on the Li River
· Longji Rice Terrace: 70km² of rice terraces
· Guilin Discovery: Visit the city founded under the Qin dynasty
Be sure to look out for:
· Elephant Trunk Hill
· Nine Horse Nine Fresco Hill
· A scenery on the 20 RMB Chinese bank note
· Fubo Hill
· Crown Cave
Club Med offers premium all-inclusive holidays to more than 80 resorts all around the world. With Club Med’s all-inclusive packages you can expect stunning locations, superb accommodation, gourmet food, unlimited bar drinks and snacks, fantastic children’s clubs and a multitude of sports and activities. All Club Med resorts have a Trident rating to ensure the same level of high quality everywhere in the world.
Offices 212 – 214
Second Floor, Design Quarter
Cnr William Nicol and Leslie Ave, Fourways
0860 258 293